MBBS, or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, is a professional degree in medicine and surgery. It is a popular choice among students who aspire to become doctors, and many students from around the world choose to pursue their MBBS degree in the Philippines. In this blog post, we will provide an in-depth overview of studying MBBS in the Philippines.
To apply for an MBBS program in the Philippines, students must have completed their high school education with a minimum of 50% marks in the science stream, including Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Students also need to appear for an entrance exam conducted by the respective universities in the Philippines.
Why chose to Study MBBS in the Philippines?
- Affordable tuition fees compared to other countries offering MBBS courses
- English is widely spoken in the Philippines, making it easier for international students to communicate with locals and adapt to the culture
- The Philippines has a tropical climate, which is similar to many other Asian countries, making it easier for international students to adjust to the weather
- The medical universities in the Philippines have a good reputation and provide quality education in the field of medicine
- The Philippines offers a unique and diverse cultural experience for international students
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in the Philippines
- The applicant must have completed high school education with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The applicant must have a valid NEET score
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old and not more than 25 years old
- The applicant must have a valid passport
- The applicant must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements, such as a TOEFL or IELTS score
philippines medical college for indian students
- All medical universities in the Philippines are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in the Philippines oversees the higher education sector, including medical education, and recognizes all medical universities in the country
- The Philippines have several medical universities that are listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), which is a database of medical schools recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
There are many universities in the Philippines that offer MBBS programs. Some of the top universities include:
- University of Santo Tomas
- University of the Philippines
- Far Eastern University
- De La Salle Medical and Sciences Institute
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Medicine and Public Health
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
Documents Required for Admission
- High school transcripts and diploma
- Valid NEET scorecard
- Birth certificate or passport
- Health certificate, including immunization records
- Police clearance certificate
- Two passport-size photos
Medium of Teaching in MBBS in the Philippines:
The medium of instruction for MBBS courses in the Philippines is English. All lectures, textbooks, and exams are conducted in English, making it easier for international students to understand the course material and communicate with professors and classmates.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in the Philippines
- Quality education at an affordable cost
- English-speaking country, making it easy for international students to communicate and adjust to the culture
- Clinical training in modern hospitals with advanced facilities
- International exposure with a diverse student population from different countries
- Safe and secure environment for international students with a friendly and welcoming culture
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience through clinical rotations and internships
- The Philippines is a popular destination for medical tourism, providing opportunities for students to gain exposure to the industry.
The MBBS program in the Philippines is divided into ten semesters. The curriculum includes both theoretical and practical training. The first few semesters cover basic medical sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, and Microbiology. Later semesters include clinical training in different specialties such as Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal Medicine, and more.
The medium of instruction for most MBBS programs in the Philippines is the English language. This is one of the reasons why many international students choose to study in the Philippines. Students who wish to study in the Philippines need to have a good command of the English language.
MBBS in Philippines Fees and Living Expenses :
Studying MBBS in the Philippines is relatively affordable compared to many other countries. The tuition fees for the MBBS program in the Philippines vary depending on the university, but on average, it ranges from $3,000 to $6,000 per year. Living expenses, including accommodation, food, and other expenses, can cost around $200 to $400 per month.
MBBS Program in Philippines Duration:
The MBBS program is a five-and-a-half-year program. After completing the program, students can either choose to pursue a master's degree or start their practice as a doctor in their home country or the Philippines. Students can also opt for further specialization by pursuing a postgraduate degree.
Clinical rotation is a vital component of the MBBS program in the Philippines. During the clinical rotation, students get hands-on training in different medical specialties by working with patients in hospitals and clinics. This provides them with the necessary skills and experience to become successful doctors in the future.
Licensing and Certification:
After completing the MBBS program in the Philippines, students need to pass the Physician Licensure Examination (PLE) conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) to practice medicine in the Philippines. International students may need to fulfill additional requirements to practice medicine in their home country.
In conclusion, MBBS in the Philippines is a popular choice among international students due to its affordable tuition fees, world-class universities, and comprehensive curriculum. Students can gain valuable knowledge and practical skills in medicine and surgery, which can prepare them for a successful career in the medical field.
For more details regarding registration and counselling process, you can contact us by APPLY HERE.