Medical education is highly sought after in India, and MBBS is a popular choice for students who wish to pursue a career in medicine. However, due to the limited number of medical seats available in India, many students are turning to foreign countries to pursue their dream of becoming a doctor.
Kazakhstan is one such country that is becoming increasingly popular among Indian students for MBBS. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore everything you need to know about pursuing MBBS in Kazakhstan as an Indian student.
Why Kazakhstan for MBBS?
Kazakhstan is a Central Asian country that has a well-established education system and is known for its excellent medical education. The country has several medical universities that are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Additionally, the cost of education in Kazakhstan is much lower than in other countries. The medium of instruction for MBBS in Kazakhstan is English, which makes it an attractive destination for Indian students who are not fluent in other languages.
Top universities for MBBS in Kazakhstan
- Kazak National Medical University, Almaty
- South Kazakhstan State Medical Academy, Shymkent
- Semey State Medical University, Semey
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Kazakhstan
To be eligible for MBBS in Kazakhstan, Indian students must meet the following criteria:
- The student must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31st of the year in which they are seeking admission.
- The student must have a valid NEET scorecard.
Admission process for Study MBBS in Kazakhstan
The admission process for MBBS in Kazakhstan is relatively simple and straightforward. Indian students can apply to the medical universities in Kazakhstan either through the university's website or through an authorized representative in India. The following documents are required for admission:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- NEET scorecard
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate
After submitting the documents, the university will issue an admission letter to the student. The student must then apply for a student visa at the nearest Kazakhstani embassy or consulate.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan
- Affordable education: The cost of education in Kazakhstan is much lower than in other countries, making it an attractive option for Indian students.
- High-quality education: The medical universities in Kazakhstan offer a high-quality education that is recognized by the MCI and the WHO.
- No language barrier: The medium of instruction for MBBS in Kazakhstan is English, which makes it easier for Indian students who are not fluent in other languages.
- Exposure to diverse cultures: Studying in Kazakhstan exposes students to diverse cultures, which broadens their horizons and prepares them to work in a globalized world.
- Opportunity for clinical exposure: Students get the opportunity to gain clinical exposure through the one-year internship program, which prepares them for their future careers.
Challenges of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan
- Climate: Kazakhstan has a cold climate, which may not be suitable for some Indian students.
- Cultural differences: The cultural differences between India and Kazakhstan may take some time to adjust to.
- Homesickness: Being away from family and friends for an extended period may cause homesickness.
Living Expenses of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan
The cost of living in Kazakhstan is relatively low compared to other countries. The estimated living expenses for Indian students in Kazakhstan are as follows:
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation in Kazakhstan varies depending on the location and type of accommodation. Students can choose to live in a hostel or rent an apartment. The average cost of accommodation ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 20,000 per month.
- Food: The cost of food in Kazakhstan is affordable. Students can expect to spend around INR 5,000 to INR 8,000 per month on food.
- Transportation: Public transportation in Kazakhstan is efficient and affordable. The cost of transportation ranges from INR 2,000 to INR 5,000 per month.
What is the job prospectus after MBBS in Kazakhstan?
After completing MBBS in Kazakhstan, Indian students can either practice medicine in Kazakhstan or return to India to practice. The demand for doctors in India is high, so there are plenty of job opportunities available.
Studying MBBS in Kazakhstan offers a great opportunity for Indian students who are looking for quality education at an affordable cost. With no entrance exams, English as the medium of instruction, and international recognition, studying MBBS in Kazakhstan can be a life-changing experience. With this comprehensive guide, we hope to help you make an informed decision about pursuing your medical education in Kazakhstan.
For more details regarding registration and counselling process, you can contact us by APPLY HERE.