MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which is an undergraduate degree in the medical field. Nepal is home to several reputable medical schools that offer MBBS programs, attracting students from around the world who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
Why MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students?
Here are some key points to consider why MBBS in Nepal can be a good option:
- Quality medical education with recognition from the Medical Council of India and other international bodies
- Affordable tuition fees and low cost of living compared to other countries
- English is the primary language of instruction in most medical colleges
- Cultural similarity with India, making it easier for Indian students to adapt
- Ample opportunities for internships to gain practical experience
- Proximity to India, making it easier for Indian students to travel back and forth to their home country
Advantages of MBBS in Nepal
MBBS admission in Nepal can offer several benefits to students, including:
- Quality education: Nepal has several top-ranked medical colleges that offer quality education in the field of medicine.
- Affordable fees: Compared to other countries offering medical education, the tuition fees in Nepal are relatively low, making it an affordable option.
- Cultural similarity: Nepal shares a cultural similarity with India, which makes it easier for Indian students to adapt to the environment and lifestyle.
- English-speaking country: English is the primary language of instruction in most medical colleges in Nepal, making it easier for international students to study.
- International recognition: Medical colleges in Nepal are recognized by several international bodies, including the Medical Council of India, the World Health Organization, and the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- Good infrastructure: Medical colleges in Nepal have good infrastructure and facilities, including well-equipped labs and libraries.
- Clinical exposure: Students studying MBBS in Nepal can gain ample clinical exposure through internships and practical training.
In conclusion, Nepal can be a good option for MBBS admission for students looking for quality education at an affordable cost, cultural similarity, and international recognition.
The admission requirements for MBBS in Nepal can vary slightly depending on the university, but in general, the following criteria apply:
- Minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission
- High school completion certificate or equivalent
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 in 10+2 or equivalent
- Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in high school
- Admission test or entrance exam
mbbs college in nepal
There are many universities in Nepal that offer MBBS programs. Some of the top universities include:
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences
- Birat Medical College
- Chitwan Medical College
- College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur
- Devdaha Medical College
Nepal MBBS Eligibility
To be eligible for MBBS admission in Nepal, students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Academic qualification: Students must have completed 10+2 or equivalent education from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects. The minimum aggregate score required may vary from college to college.
- Age limit: Students must be at least 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- Nationality: Students must be of Indian or foreign nationality.
- NEET qualification: For Indian students, clearing the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is mandatory to be eligible for admission to medical colleges in Nepal.
- Other requirements: Some colleges may have additional eligibility criteria, such as a minimum percentage in each subject, English language proficiency, and health requirements.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria may vary from college to college, and students should check the specific requirements of the college they are interested in applying. In conclusion, meeting the academic, age, and other eligibility requirements are essential to be eligible to study MBBS in Nepal.
Recognition of Medical Universities in Nepal
Medical universities in Nepal must be recognized by the
- Nepal Medical Council (NMC) to operate and offer MBBS programs.
- The Medical Council of India (MCI),
- The World Health Organization (WHO),
- The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
Documents Required for MBBS in Nepal: -
To apply for an MBBS program in Nepal, you typically need to provide the following documents:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Official transcripts from high school and any college or university attended.
- Passport or other government-issued identification.
- Birth certificate.
- Recent passport-sized photographs.
- Medical certificate stating that you are physically and mentally fit to pursue an MBBS program.
- Character certificate from your high school or college.
- Proof of payment of application fees.
- Language proficiency test scores, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Any other documents required by the university or medical college you are applying to, such as recommendation letters or a statement of purpose.
Crucial timeline for Nepal MBBS
Here is a general timeline for the admission process for an MBBS program in Nepal:
- Application period: The application period for most MBBS programs in Nepal typically runs from April to September.
- Entrance exam: The entrance exam is usually held in October or November.
- Results: The results of the entrance exam are usually announced in December.
- Counseling and admission: Counseling and admission usually take place in January or February.
- Commencement of classes: Classes for the MBBS program usually start in March or April.
It's important to note that the timeline may vary slightly depending on the university and the program. It's always best to check with the university directly to confirm the exact timeline for their MBBS program.
Fees Structure 2023-2024 of MBBS in Nepal
Here's a table showing the fee structure for some of the popular MBBS programs in Nepal for the 2023-2024 academic year.
|Name of University||Recognition||Tuition Fees for 5 Years|
|Tribhuvan University||Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India||NPR 42,00,000 - NPR 50,00,000|
|Kathmandu University||Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India||NPR 55,00,000 - NPR 60,00,000|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India||NPR 38,00,000 - NPR 45,00,000|
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences||Nepal Medical Council||NPR 45,00,000 - NPR 50,00,000|
|Nobel Medical College||Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India||NPR 42,00,000 - NPR 45,00,000|
|Chitwan Medical College||Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India||NPR 45,00,000 - NPR 50,00,000|
|Nepalgunj Medical College||Nepal Medical Council, Medical Council of India||NPR 38,00,000 - NPR 42,00,000|
|Gandaki Medical College||Nepal Medical Council||NPR 38,00,000 - NPR 42,00,000|
Please note that the fees mentioned here are subject to change, and it's always best to check with the respective universities for the exact and updated fee structure. Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Nepal may find the fee structure to be relatively affordable compared to private medical colleges in India.
Medical Universities in Nepal Approved by NMC
Here's a table showing the list of NMC (Nepal Medical Council) approved medical universities in Nepal:
|Name of University||Location|
|Kathmandu University||Dhulikhel, Kavrepalanchok|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||Dharan|
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences||Lagankhel, Lalitpur|
|Nepal Medical College||Jorpati, Kathmandu|
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences||Pokhara|
|College of Medical Sciences||Bharatpur, Chitwan|
|Kathmandu Medical College||Sinamangal, Kathmandu|
|Nepalgunj Medical College||Kohalpur, Banke|
|Nobel Medical College||Biratnagar|
|Chitwan Medical College||Bharatpur, Chitwan|
|Universal College of Medical Sciences||Bhairahawa|
|Gandaki Medical College||Kaski|
Please note that the list is not exhaustive and there may be other NMC-approved medical universities in Nepal. It's always best to check with the Nepal Medical Council for the latest list of recognized medical universities.
Syllabus of MBBS in Nepal
Here's the MBBS syllabus in Nepal:
|First Year||Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry|
|Second Year||Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine|
|Third Year||Community Medicine, ENT, Ophthalmology, Medicine, Surgery|
|Fourth Year||Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology|
Please note that this is a general outline of the syllabus and may vary slightly depending on the medical college or university. It is also important to check with the specific institution for the most up-to-date and accurate information on their MBBS syllabus.
Duration and Curriculum:
The duration of the MBBS program in Nepal is typically 5.5 years, which includes one year of internship or clinical rotations. The curriculum covers a wide range of medical subjects, including anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, physiology, and community medicine, among others.
The first two years of the program focus on basic medical sciences, while the last three and a half years are dedicated to clinical training, where students gain hands-on experience in various medical specialties. During the internship year, students are assigned to different departments in hospitals and healthcare facilities to work alongside experienced physicians and gain practical knowledge.
MBBS Fees in Nepal for Indian Students and Scholarship:
The cost of pursuing an MBBS degree in Nepal varies depending on the university and the location. Private medical colleges tend to be more expensive than public ones, and the cost of living can also vary depending on the city or town.
Scholarship opportunities are available for Nepalese as well as international students who meet the eligibility criteria. These scholarships can cover part or all of the tuition fees and may also provide a stipend for living expenses. Interested students can apply for these scholarships through the universities or other organizations that offer them.
After completing an MBBS degree in Nepal, graduates can pursue a wide range of career opportunities in the medical field. Some of the common career paths include:
- Medical doctor or physician in private or government hospitals or clinics
- Specialist in various medical fields, such as cardiology, neurology, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, etc.
- Researcher or academician in medical schools or research institutions
- Public health professionals or policymakers in government or non-governmental organizations
In addition, MBBS graduates can also choose to pursue further education and training in various medical specialties by pursuing postgraduate programs or fellowships in Nepal or other countries.
In conclusion, pursuing an MBBS degree in Nepal can be a great opportunity for students who are interested in a career in medicine. With a rigorous curriculum, ample clinical training opportunities, and a range of career options, MBBS graduates from Nepal can make significant contributions to the healthcare sector both in Nepal and beyond.
For more details regarding registration and counselling process, you can contact us by APPLY HERE.