Armenia is a small country located in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia, with a population of around 3 million. The country has a well-established medical education system, and its universities are known for offering quality medical education to both local and international students. The MBBS program in Armenia is known as MD (Doctor of Medicine), which is equivalent to the MBBS degree in other countries.
Study MBBS in Armenia for Indian Students
Armenia has become a popular destination for Indian students to pursue their MBBS studies due to the country's affordable fees and quality education. To be eligible for admission, students must have completed 10+2 or equivalent education with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as main subjects, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
Students must also qualify for the NEET exam. The average cost of tuition fees ranges from 3000 to 5000 USD per year. Additionally, the living expenses in Armenia are also affordable for Indian students. Many universities in Armenia offer MBBS courses in the English language, making it easier for international students to understand and communicate. Overall, studying MBBS in Armenia for Indian Students can be an excellent opportunity for Indian students looking to pursue their medical education abroad.
Why choose MBBS in Armenia
- 1. Affordable tuition fees compared to other countries.
- 2. High-quality education with world-class medical universities and facilities.
- 3. International recognition of medical degrees earned in Armenia.
- 4. English-medium instruction for international students.
- 5. Cultural diversity and welcoming atmosphere for international students.
- 6. Opportunity to gain clinical exposure and hands-on experience through practical training.
- 7. Advanced technology and modern infrastructure to support medical education and research.
- 8. Strong emphasis on research and innovation in the medical field.
- 9. Easy accessibility to travel across Europe with a Schengen visa.
- 10. Opportunities for career advancement and postgraduate studies.
To apply for the MD program in Armenia, students must meet the following requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum score of 60 in biology and chemistry in the high school exam
- Proficiency in the English language (either IELTS or TOEFL scores)
- A valid passport and student visa
Medical Courses in Armenia.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Armenia.
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as of December 31st of the admission year.
- The candidate must have completed high school or its equivalent, with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as mandatory subjects.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in their high school or equivalent examination.
- The candidate must have a valid NEET scorecard.
Recognition of Medical Universities in Armenia
- Yerevan State Medical University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- St. Tereza Medical University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The University of Traditional Medicine is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Duration of the program:
The MD program in Armenia generally takes six years to complete, which includes five years of academic studies and one year of clinical rotation. During the first two years, students will be introduced to the basic medical sciences such as anatomy, biochemistry, microbiology, and pharmacology. In the next three years, students will receive clinical training, which includes internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, and other specialties.
Documents Required for MBBS in Armenia
- Completed application form.
- High school or equivalent certificates.
- NEET scorecard.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Passport or national ID.
- Medical certificate.
- Police clearance certificate.
- Bank statement.
- Proof of language proficiency (for non-native English speakers).
Timeline for MBBS in Armenia
|Admission Period||Application Deadline|
|September intake||July 31st|
|February intake||December 31st|
Advantages of studying MBBS in Armenia
- Affordable tuition fees.
- High-quality education with world-class medical universities and facilities.
- International recognition of medical degrees earned in Armenia.
- English-medium instruction for international students.
- Cultural diversity and welcoming atmosphere for international students.
- Opportunity to gain clinical exposure and hands-on experience through practical training.
- Advanced technology and modern infrastructure to support medical education and research.
- Strong emphasis on research and innovation in the medical field.
- Easy accessibility to travel across Europe with a Schengen visa.
- Opportunities for career advancement and postgraduate studies.
Medical Universities in Armenia
- Yerevan State Medical University.
- St. Tereza Medical University.
- Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University.
- The University of Traditional Medicine.
The tuition fees for the MD program in Armenia may vary depending on the university and program. On average, the annual tuition fees for the MD program in Armenia range from $5,000 to $7,000. However, some universities offer scholarships and financial aid to international students.
Language of Instruction:
The language of instruction in the MD program in Armenia is English, which makes it easier for international students to study in Armenia. However, students are required to learn Armenian as it is the official language of the country.
Syllabus for MBBS in Armenia
|1st||Anatomy, Histology, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|2nd||Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Clinical Skills|
|3rd||Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical Skills|
|4th||Clinical Rotation - Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics|
|5th||Clinical Rotation - Gynecology, Obstetrics, Psychiatry|
|6th||Clinical Rotation - Emergency Medicine, Electives|
Medium of Teaching in Armenian Medical Universities
- The medium of teaching in most Armenian medical universities is English.
- However, some universities may also offer courses in Armenian and Russian, depending on the program and the language proficiency of the students.
- English language proficiency is often a requirement for admission to medical universities in Armenia.
- Students who do not meet the language proficiency requirements may need to complete a language preparatory course before starting their medical studies.
- The curriculum in Armenian medical universities is typically modeled after international standards, with a focus on theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Clinical rotations and hands-on training are an important part of medical education in Armenia, and students are often given opportunities to work with patients in hospitals and clinics.
- The faculty members in Armenian medical universities are highly qualified, with many holding advanced degrees and extensive experience in the field.
- International students are welcome in Armenian medical universities and are provided with a supportive environment to help them adjust to the new culture and academic system.
- The cost of studying medicine in Armenia is generally lower compared to other countries, making it an attractive option for students seeking affordable medical education.
- Upon graduation, students receive a diploma that is recognized internationally, allowing them to practice medicine in their home country or elsewhere in the world.
Disadvantages of MBBS in Armenia
- Limited availability of scholarships for international students.
- Harsh weather conditions during winters.
- Some universities may have a language barrier for non-native English speakers.
- Fewer job opportunities for international students after graduation compared to some other countries.
- Lack of Indian cuisine and culture in Armenia.
- Non-availability of direct flights from India to Armenia.
The medical universities in Armenia are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). This means that graduates of the MD program in Armenia are eligible to take licensing exams in other countries, including India, after completion of the program.
Career opportunities After Study MBBS in Armenia:
After completion of the MBBS program in Armenia, graduates can work as doctors in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. They can also pursue postgraduate studies in different medical specialties or practice medicine in other countries by taking licensing exams.
Overall, studying MBBS in Armenia is an excellent choice for students who are looking for quality medical education at an affordable cost. The country offers a welcoming and friendly environment for international students, with a rich cultural heritage and natural beauty.
For more details regarding registration and counselling process, you can contact us by APPLY HERE.