The National Testing Agency (NTA) has recently announced the release of the NEET-UG 2023 application form at neet.nta.nic.in. Aspiring candidates can now register for the exam until the deadline of April 6. The NEET 2023 exam date is scheduled for May 7. It is a national-level entrance examination for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses in government and private medical colleges in India. Therefore, applicants are advised to familiarize themselves with the application process and ensure the accuracy of their uploaded documents to avoid any potential issues during submission.
In response to the difficulties faced by students who missed the exam due to age restrictions, the NTA has removed the maximum age limit for NEET 2023. However, the official exam date has not been announced yet. The NTA has also provided specific guidelines for the photographs to be uploaded during registration.
The application fee for NEET 2023 is expected to be INR 1700 for general candidates, INR 1600 for EWS candidates, and INR 900 for candidates from other categories. For aspirants outside India, the application fee is anticipated to be INR 9500. Online payment options such as Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, or Paytm Services are accepted for the application fees. Here is complete information about NEET 2023 exam:
NEET 2023 Exam Dates:
|Registration Start Date||6th March 2023|
|Registration End Date||6th April 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||4th week of April 2023|
|Exam Date||7th May 2023|
|Result Declaration Date:||1st week of June 2023|
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
- Age Limit: The candidate must have completed 17 years as of 31st December of the year of admission.
- Educational Qualification:The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as mandatory subjects.
- Minimum Marks:The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology) in the qualifying exam. For reserved category candidates, the minimum marks requirement is 40% in PCB.
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern:
|Exam Duration||3 hours 20 minutes|
|Question paper type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of questions that will be asked||200 (180 applicable questions for attempt)|
|Negative marking scheme||Yes|
+4 for each correct answer
-1 for each incorrect answer
|Total sections in the question paper||
3 (Two sections for each subject)
Section A – 35 questions
Section B- 15 questions (10 to be attempted)
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology)|
NEET 2023 Syllabus:
The syllabus for NEET 2023 is based on the syllabus prescribed by the NCERT for classes 11th and 12th. The following topics are covered in each subject:
- Physics: Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Electrodynamics, Optics, Modern Physics, and Electronic Devices.
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, and Biotechnology and Its Applications.
NEET 2023 Application Process:
- The application process for NEET 2023 will be conducted online on the official website of NTA.
- The application form will be available tentatively in the month of January 2023.
- Candidates will have to fill their personal and educational details, upload their photograph and signature, and pay the application fee.
- The application fee for NEET 2023 is as follows:
- General/OBC Category: INR 1700
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender Category: INR 1000
NEET 2023 Admit Card:
- The admit card for NEET 2023 will be released on the official website of NTA.
- Candidates can download their admit cards using their application number and date of birth.
- The admit card will contain details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam center address, and exam timings.
NEET 2023 Result:
- The result for NEET 2023 will be declared on the official website of NTA.
- Candidates can check their results using their roll number and date of birth.
- The result will contain the candidate’s scorecard, which includes their overall score, sectional score, and percentile rank.
FAQS for NEET 2023
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) for NEET 2023:
Q: When will NEET 2023 be conducted?
A: The date for NEET 2023 has not been announced yet. However, it is expected to be held in the first week of May 2023.
Q: What are the eligibility criteria for NEET 2023?
A: The eligibility criteria for NEET 2023 include age limit, educational qualification, and minimum marks requirement. Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as of 31st December of the year of admission, passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as mandatory subjects, and secured a minimum of 50% marks in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology) in the qualifying exam.
Q: What is the exam pattern for NEET 2023?
A: The exam pattern for NEET 2023 includes offline (pen and paper-based) mode, a duration of 3 hours, multiple choice questions (MCQs), 180 total questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology), 4 marks for each correct answer, and a deduction of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
Q: What is the syllabus for NEET 2023?
A: The syllabus for NEET 2023 is based on the syllabus prescribed by the NCERT for classes 11th and 12th. It includes topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Q: What is the application fee for NEET 2023?
A: The application fee for NEET 2023 is INR 1700 for the General/OBC Category and INR 1000 for SC/ST/PWD/Transgender Category.
Q: When will the application process for NEET 2023 start?
A: The application process for NEET 2023 is expected to start in the month of January 2023.
Q: How can I download the admit card for NEET 2023?
A: The admit card for NEET 2023 will be available on the official website of NTA. Candidates can download their admit cards using their application number and date of birth.
Q: When will the result for NEET 2023 be declared?
A: The result for NEET 2023 is expected to be declared in the first week of June 2023.
Q: What are the minimum qualifying marks for NEET 2023?
A: The minimum qualifying marks for NEET 2023 will be announced along with the result. Generally, candidates belonging to the general category need to secure at least the 50th percentile to qualify, while for SC/ST/OBC candidates, the minimum percentile required is 40th.
Q: Can I make corrections in my NEET 2023 application form after submission?
A: NTA usually provides the correction facility for a limited time period, during which candidates can make corrections in their application forms. However, the facility will be available for limited fields only. Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the application form to avoid any errors.
For more details regarding registration and counselling process, you can contact us by APPLY HERE.